Handbag fashion label from Madrid / MON 9-7-26 / Grammy-winning pianist with the Elektric Band / Playful knock on the noggin / Uplifting tunes? / Robes tied with obis / Dive offering slices / Kiss, symbolically / Dominate, in sports slang / Ukrainian seaport, in an older spelling
Monday, September 7, 2026
Constructor: Jeff Chen and Stephan Prock
Relative difficulty: Challenging (solved Downs-only)
THEME: ELEVATOR MUSIC (15D: Uplifting tunes? ... or a hint to the circled squares) — music genres "hidden" inside theme answers (in circled squares) go both up and down ... like an elevator:
Theme answers:
- ALL ATINGLE (3D: Electric with excitement) (Latin (going down...))
- CHICK COREA (29D: Grammy-winning pianist with the Elektric Band) (Rock (going up...))
- ERRAND BOYS (7D: Some gofers) (R&B (going down...))
- PIZZA JOINT (32D: Dive offering slices) (Jazz (going up...))
Armando Anthony "Chick" Corea (June 12, 1941 – February 9, 2021) was an American jazz pianist, composer, bandleader, and occasional percussionist. His compositions "Spain", "500 Miles High", "La Fiesta", "Armando's Rhumba", and "Windows" are considered jazz standards.
As a member of the Miles Davis band in the late 1960s, Corea participated in the birth of jazz fusion. In the 1970s he formed Return to Forever. Along with McCoy Tyner, Herbie Hancock and Keith Jarrett, Corea is considered one of the foremost pianists of the post-John Coltrane era.
Corea continued to collaborate frequently while exploring different musical styles throughout the 1980s and 1990s. He won 29 Grammy Awards and has been nominated for the award 79 times. (wikipedia)
• • •
EVADE and FERNS had me completely wrecked in the NW to start (1D: Deftly avoid = ELUDE; 2D: Plants with tendrils = VINES). I got all the shorter Downs across the upper middle, but it didn't help me much. Then there was the LOEWE I didn't know, so that made traction bad there. I wasn't able to infer a single Across answer until I was way on the other side of the grid—with DIM, ARIA, and SETH in place, I looked at the last themer (32D: Dive offering slices) and figured it probably started with PIZZA. Wrote that in, noticed that all the crosses worked, then noticed that the circled letters were "ZZA-" and figured the next one had to be "J"—so, JOINT. PIZZA JOINT. At that point, I could see that either music *or* NBA teams were going to be going backwards inside the themers. Or so I thought. Ugh. I wanted ERRAND BOYS but of course "BDNAR" is not a thing, so I rejected it. It took me way too long to realize that "BDNAR" was actually RANDB, i.e. R&B, the music genre, and so a. I was dealing with music genres, not NBA teams, and b. those music genres were only going backward some (half) of the time. Actually, the second themer I got was CHICK COREA, entirely because the SW corner was so easy that I was able to infer the -REA part, making the pianist suddenly obvious. ALL ATINGLE was the last thing I got and by far the hardest. Even once I'd figured out / guessed LATIN was the music genre, I stared at "--LATIN---" for a while, wondering what word that could possibly make. Answer: two words!
Bullets:
- 65D: Kisses, symbolically (XES) — wrote in XXX and wondered where in the world ODEXSA might be.
- 60D: One of 26 in a marathon (MILE) — isn't it 26.2? Yes. Yes it is. I see people with boastful 26.2 stickers on their cars, that's how I know. Actually, I think I just know it. And actually, technically, it's not 26.2 miles, it's...
![]() |
| [Not sure why "Miles" is capitalized, or why it's not pluralized. Search engine results! They've come so far ...] |
- 12D: Divisions in a tennis match (SETS) — I don't have much else to say about this puzzle, plus there is some horrible ongoing organized shout-chanting going on somewhere in my neighborhood, as well as fireworks (???) so I think I'm going to go watch the U.S. Open now, if only to put something else in my earhole. Since when did Labor Day become a fireworks holiday!?
That's all for today. See you next time.
[Follow Rex Parker on BlueSky and Facebook and Letterboxd]
=============================
❤️ Support this blog ❤️:
✏️Upcoming Crossword Events✏️:
- NEW! Words Are For Crossing—a WFMU Crossword Meet-Up (Jersey City, NJ, Thur., Sep. 17, 2026)
- Midwest Crossword Tournament (Chicago, IL, Sat., Oct. 3, 2026)
📘 My other blog 📘:
- Pop Sensation (vintage paperbacks)



















60 comments:
Breezed through it, only to Natick on MIRE (I had "tire," and assumed "dit" was some term used in astronomy.
One nit...no GPS system can replace an ATLAS.. If I'm planning a trip to a distant location. I want a MAP, not a robotic voice. I want to know where to stop along the way. That clue might have been written with AI.
My five favorite original clues from last week
(in order of appearance):
1. Mild-mannered characteristic? (6)
2. Result of a tense build-up? (5)(5)
3. Change sounds (7)
4. System by which all speech is protected? (6)(4)
5. The sound that concludes "The Sound and the Fury" (4)(1)
HYPHEN
JENGA TOWER
JINGLES
SECURE LINE
LONG E
My favorite encore clues from last week:
[Character with a famous opening line?] (3)(4)
[Quite the head turner?] (3)
ALI BABA
OWL
Ignored the circles and solved as a themeless, downs-mostly.
Saw Chick Corea play a solo gig a few years before he died. A great musician who came across as a lovely, humble person.
This was appropriate for a Monday if one solved in the regular way (i.e., not downs-only). I enjoyed it. Nice and breezy, and a good theme.
It’s about time KIMONOs got equal billing with obis. Had a delay in getting the happy music after finished the puzzle because I had filled in OKed without checking the crosses. Would REPeST be a good answer for “bug again?”
Solved as a themeless. I don’t love the use of theme circles - it works here with the up/down trick so whatever. I do like the vertical themers and central revealer looking like an ELEVATOR shaft.
If I worked my hands in wood - would you still love me?
LOEWE made that NE corner tricky for an early week puzzle. ERRAND BOYS does have a dated feel and crossing it with REPAST will get some. The full proper name is weak and ALL ATINGLE is weekend territory. Limited glue helps.
ODESSA
Enjoyable holiday Monday morning solve. Beautiful weather to catch a wave.
Charley Crockett
I like Atlases, too; however, a GPS app will do all the things you mention, plus help you find motels and restaurants along your route.
Usually when the theme answers are downs, it’s for a reason, and often that theme will be about up-ness or down-ness. I don’t remember a down-theme-answer grid being about both, as today’s is.
It made for a splendid moment, actually. I had filled in the two western theme answers, but not the revealer, and saw LATIN going down and ROCK going up. I stopped right there trying to figure out the connection between both words and why they were going in opposite directions.
And getting nowhere. Eventually, I uncle-d, and solved on, and when I uncovered ELEVATOR MUSIC, man, that brought a huge “Hah!”, one of those you hope for in a crossword, but don’t often get.
Props and high thanks for that, Jeff and Stephan!
By the way, this ELEVATOR MUSIC theme is simple, yes, and you’d think it would have been done before, but I haven’t found it, and I’ve looked.
So, high scores for originality. Bang up job, you two, and thank you for brightening my day!
Yeah, it was pretty easy if you used all the clues; so easy that I didn't notice until near the end that some of the circled letters read bottom-to-top.
I did think it would have been polite to CITE Brian Eno in a puzzle about elevator music. And it might have been better either to embed all the musical genres or none of them in the names of musicians instead of exactly one.
I liked the descending SE words on the right edge.
But ODESSA is not an "older" spelling of Odesa; it's the (transliterated) Russian spelling.
Hey All!
Yes, a crunchier than normal MonPuz. Most trouble was with ERRAND BOYS, as got JAZZ backwards first, thinking they'd all be backwards, then looking at BDNA_, and thinking, wha??. Not helping to have wOWZAH instead of YOWZAH, so once I figured out RANDB was not backwards, still ended up with ERRAND BOwS. YOWZAH, indeed.
Maybe today's puz will bode for slightly tougher than usual puzs for the week. We will see.
To to REPAST some breakfast. ELBOW macaroni? Nah, I'll stick with an EGG.
Hope y'all have a great Monday!
One F
RooMonster
DarrinV
In other words, you might say the puzzle brought you down to earth, then lifted your spirits?
A fun Monday - it made me break a sweat here and there, and I thought the theme was a nice concept. I agree with Rex that the upside down genre’s had me scratching my head, but oh, okay - if you say so, it’s really no big deal.
This could have easily been adapted to run on a Tuesday. In fact, it would not be a surprise at all to learn that it started out as a Tuesday and was at some point modified to run on Monday.
I had to proceed gingerly as I progressed through the central into the Southeast - OBIS is a word I rarely encountered outside of crossword, so I needed some help with KIMONOS; then I bumped into a SARA that I had not met before, sandwiching YOWZAH which had one of those weird “guess what this could also be phrased as” clues. And wow, we weren’t done yet (on a Monday), as I still had to deal with RAJAS and some dude’s quote about keeping his WRATH in check.
So, a fun Monday with a little bit of crunch - which is always a welcome diversion from the usual “plug and chug” assembly-line Mondays which are pretty much standard fare.
I really struggled down-only. I often have to look at the last few across answers on a down only Monday, but I couldn’t get much traction with this and had to look at across clues fairly early on. Not a hard Monday but a killer down only for me.
The Bee Gees Odessa is a splendid song, although rather out of character for what they would eventually become. From their first album, if my memory serves me well.
I thought this was hard for a Monday. I figured it was a little extra something for the holiday.
Two nits and maybe I’m overthinking, but, the revealer has only referenced one direction-up-and the answers go in both directions. And I, at least have never heard any of those music genres on an elevator.
Easy as a regular solve. Ran into LATIN early and thought we were doing something with languages, but then ran into CHICKCOREA (didn't know his band) and that wasn't going to work. Soon after got ELEVATORMUSIC, but it was in the middle where it doesn't belong. The other themers were fine and I liked them going up and down.
Lived in Spain and have been back a few times but LOEWE? Nope.
Wondering if M&A likes EGG or CAR better for today's moo-cow.
Above-average Monday for me, JC and SP, Just Could be a Star Puzzle in my weekly listing, and thanks for all the fun.
Why on earth would you put in EvaDE solving downs only, Rex? You know that's a kealoa; just fill in the E--DE.
Speaking of kealoas: in the pre-Shortz era, 'ssh' appeared 57 times, while 'shh' appeared only 4 times.
Since Will Shortz took over, 'ssh' has appered only once, while 'shh' has appeared 99 times.
I always thought MENSCH had a negative connotation, so it’s always throws me for a loop when I see it clued positively.
Oh and LOEWE is pronounced LO-WEV-VAY.
Well that was nice. Solved as a themeless - until I came here & saw there was a theme. Not fond of circles anyway.
Thank you both. Good to see you, Jeff :)
John Lennon's sister-in-law: KIMONO
Trump's daily feckless threats to Iran: TRUCE or consequences
Historian's memo heading: REPAST
Caesar's postcard home to Mrs. C from his winter fishing trip to northern Minnesota: I came, ICESAW, I fished.
Collection of maps offered gratis by MLK, Jr., for his marches: Free ATLAS.
Música de ascensor con melodías estimulantes.
I love vertical themes and backward things in the puzzle, and I generally like Nancy-circles ™️ for a little post-solve amusement. This puzzle took me quite a bit longer than usual so a heapin' helpin' o' extra fun on a Monday.
Sounds like William Blake needs to learn to share his feelings. It's an outmoded fragile masculinity leading to his WRATH. It's okay to talk about what's bothering you. He could take a lesson from this blog comment section. Also, who's still doing "foes?" Just get along.
❤️ ZIT + YOWZAH / PIZZA JOINT.
Gunkometer--
People: 7
Places: 1
Products: 7
Partials: 7
Foreignisms: 2
--
Gary's Grid Gunk Gauge: 24 of 78 (31%)
Funny Factor: 3 😐
🔥 Ooh-la-la! 🔥 ALL ATINGLE.
Uniclues:
1 Dine and dash.
2 Who likes it black.
3 The single destination I wish existed in Albuquerque.
1 UNLAWFUL REPAST
2 ERRAND BOY'S DATA
3 OKAY PIZZA JOINT
My Fascinating Crossword Uniclue Keepsake from Last Year: Clear up an old-school philosophical nit. DEFOG SOCRATIC PEEVE.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I agree with Lewis and had a good laugh from Anonymous 🎈🎈🎊🎊
ELBOWS - since I had Rex's Prada for a while, and kept thinking of yesterday's Dark Knight getting a jab, I couldn't come up with a jabber on a plane.
And I had to run the alphabet to get the end of ICE SAw as I am unacquainted with LOEWE. I have been ice fishing many times and have never seen an ICE SAW employed. Augers, both hand- and motorized, but not a saw. Perhaps that's what is used to cut the large holes for spear fishing, which I've never done.
I think the theme is well done. I haven't heard ELEVATOR MUSIC lately but that's fine with me. I found this hard for a Monday and I didn't solve downs only. I'm not sure what, besides ELBOWS, held me up.
Thanks, Jeff and Stephan!
Regarding my second sentence -- "I don’t remember a down-theme-answer grid being about both, as today’s is." -- someone just reminded me of a puzzle I made with Jeff Chen (Sunday, 5/31/2020), titled "What Goes Up Must Come Down", a down-theme puzzle that involves both up-ness and down-ness! How could I not have thought about that?
Found this to be a very nice mix of typical Monday ease coupled with some interesting resistance that I welcome in an early week puzzle. So thumbs up from me.
What @Rex referred to as dated fill I consider more nostalgic, so I got a kick out of ALLATINGLE and ERRANDBOYS. Like someone else said, I also thought that having "obis" as a clue for KOMONOS rather than the other way around was very refreshing. My personal taste is that KOMONOS is much better fill.
By the time I got to the revealer, it was almost completely filled in from the crosses so that came very quickly and it was more of an intense aha moment for me than most Mondays usually offer. So that was fun. And the theme works for all the reasons @Rex points out, I just liked it more than he did. 😊
I can see that this one would be a especially challenging for a downs only solve, but I can also see a downs only solve taking away some of the joy from this one in particular. So I'm going to continue to stick to my guns and avoid that solving technique for a while more.
I think my only real hold up was LOEWE, NOCLUE whatsoever.
I liked the casual, in-the-language of PIZZAJOINT, ALLATINGLE, and INAWHILE.
Maybe someone else remembers this, but this theme reminds me of a brilliant Liz Gorski Sunday puzzle years ago. The theme had something to do with elevators and either a themer or the revealer was a down spanner. It was one of my first "WOW!!" moments of puzzle solving. Anyone hear remember what I'm talking about??? I'd love to go to the archives and dig that one out again!
Thank you for this Jeff and Stephan! Great start to the week!
And now Hugh's Monday Haiku:
YES, ICESAW DEAD shows,
While taping is UNLAWFUL,
They said, "AWW...OKAY"
Thanks for the reply, jberg. I don't do apps, so I'll have to stick to my atlas.
@jberg, great call re giving Brian Eno an appearance in this puzzle. 72A; three-letter word starting with E. That could have been the spot. ENO would then have been on the ground floor.
Mensch is always 100% positive.
Downs only streak halted (at one in a row). Too difficult that way for us mere mortals.
Went with PIZZA JOINT, but the only thing we saw across the second Z was Huzzah, which made seeing ERRAND BOYS and WRATH, without m/any crosses, impossible.
Knew Prada, and also that it was Italian, but NO CLUE re LOEWE until we succumbed and looked at the Across clues.
OKAY with 26 (full, not counting partial) MILEs in a marathon. Less OKAY with 19 three-letter words, but they didn't seem all that junky. Probably Monday level if we didn't try Downs only, but a pretty fun solve anyway.
For at least thirty years I’ve been shouting into to the void that while many high-tech replacements can serve most or all of the purposes the low-tech originals could, they often don’t do them as well or conveniently. Physical books have advantages.
Also road atlases are not the only type of atlas, and GPS apps are not remotely a replacement for many of those types.
I agree with @jberg who points out the inconsistency of one of the themers being a musician while the other three didn’t have anything to do with music; it’d have been more elegant if it were all or none. I didn’t happen to know CHICK COREA, so that one caused me trouble anyway, but it all worked out.
My dictionary (and my experience) defines MENSCH thusly: a person of integrity and honor
Medium. I too solved it as a themeless..
LOEWE was a rare Monday WOE.
Costly erasure - alt before TAB
No junk, clever theme, fun solve, liked it a bunch!
Croce Solvers. - Croce’s Freestyle #1145 was a medium Croce for me with another fine center stack. Good luck!
One might say it was...
...Laborious?
Nice MonPuztheme. The Circles help you face the music. And good job, gettin ROCK & JAZZ to go on rides upward.
Difficulty mighta taken a slight Labor Day lift upward, with a few no-know names, I'd grant. Fortunately, CHICKCOREA came pretty easy, for my solvequest.
staff weeject pick: EGG. It gets honrable mention as the shortest moo-cow eazy-E MonPuz clue, for today [yo, @pabloinnh].
And ...
Longest moo-cow eazy-E MonPuz clue [at our house]: {Robes tied with obis} = KIMONOS. A gimme offa zero crossers, for M&A. [Your experiences may vary.]
some fave stuff: YOWZAH. INAWHILE. KIMONOS. MENSCH. ELBOWS clue.
Thanx for gangin up on us, Mr. Chen & Prock dudes. btw: Do lotsa elevators still do music? Can't recall hearin any, at the hotels we stayed at recently.
Happy Labor Day, y'all.
Masked & Anonymo3Us
p.s.
Runt puzzle:
**gruntz**
M&A
@Lewis, wow - your 5/31/20 puzzle is a delight as well as a feat of construction! Thank you for mentioning it!
Croce 1145 was hard for me. Sometimes that's because one section really ties you in knots, but in this case it was just generally fairly hard everywhere.
Interesting take on the pronunciation, as Spanish has no W except in foreign words. When I lived in Spain and TWA Airlines was still around my family pronounced it "too-ah".
I gave up with downs only.
Easily and quickly solved in my usual Monday way. First the perimeter, then the corner-to-corner X, then just fill in the rest, completely ignoring the theme and those annoying little circles.
While doing so, I thought you downs-only solvers must be having NO CLUE.
An interesting study originally published in the BMJ in 2024 got a lot of press earlier this summer. Researchers looked at cause-of-death data for 443 occupations and found that taxi and ambulance drivers had the lowest rates of death from Alzheimer's disease. They attribute this effect to constant use of the hippocampus to do spatial visualization of their routes. One takeaway is that using maps to visualize a route is better for brain health than following step-by step instructions from a GPS navigator. The former exercises the hippocampus, while the latter does not.
Going Up/Are You Being Served
Sometimes early week I’ll think about doing downs only. Problem is, I don’t think of it until after I read the clue for 1A. C’est la vie. I like looking at crosses anyway.
I did do a September Monday puzzle from 2012 just to test the “they used to be harder” theory. It was. But weirdly, it had the answer MILE clued in a very similar way to today’s puzzle. (Even more weirdly, @Lewis’ 5/31/20 puzzle that he mentioned today and which I highly recommend, also had the answer MILE, albeit with a very different and much more interesting clue.)
Finished all three puzzles hours ago but TIL about CHICK COREA being a Scientologist. That was quite the rabbit hole.
@A’s Word of the Day
obsolescent(adj.)
"becoming obsolete, passing out of use," 1755, from Latin obsolescentum….present participle of obsolescere "fall into disuse"
I still buy a Rand (not RANDB) McNally Road ATLAS every so often. I reluctantly agree that map apps have made those obsolescent, as they are much less used these days. But there’s something satisfactory about opening up that oversized book and plotting one’s route. Plus, you can’t use your GPS as a knee pad for emergency repairs, or as a makeshift umbrella.
Happy rest of your Labor Day!
Very nice. After having LATIN and R&B in place, I next started writing in CHICK C....and -- wait a minute, I know of K-pop, but is there also a genre that starts K-C....? It took the reveal to unveil the ascending ROCK car. I enjoyed that non-Monday-like moment of enlightenment.
I agree with @Rex about the difficulty level. I enjoyed the challenge of tricky clues (those "jabbers"), and out-of-the-past expressions, but I know at least one semi-novice solver (my spouse) is going to have trouble with those entries + the names + the idea of words running backwards.
More difficult then most downs-only Mondays, but I liked it. Always nice to see CHICK COREA in my puzzle. SETH Meyers, too. Both gimmes. Not so easy were LOEWE (a complete mystery ’til the end) and XES, which I as pretty sure would be XXX.
As for the acrosses, I had NO CLUE on ESTAR, only a vague idea of YOWZAH and I truly f**ked up on ICE SAW. I wanted crossword fave “ice axe” in there. Don’t know why; I think they are used for climbing, not fishing* but I hadn’t seen the clue. But I did have ICE in place and three letters left, so …
Pretty easy to correct when I got the “You’re an idiot” message. So, fun but tough. The way it should be.
*I have never participated in this so-called “sport” but I once found myself at a pull-out near a central British Columbia lake in mid-winter and noticed a group of shacks out on the ice, so I decided to go out and investigate. All the fisher people were friendly and one guy even took me out to show me how his new gas powered ice auger worked. Very cool. When we returned to his heated shelter, his wife had made tea, which we spiked with rye whisky.
I continued on my journey to a particular spot on the Thompson River where I thought I might pick up a few steelhead on a fly. I didn’t and I nearly froze my fingers off trying and I found myself wishing I was back in that shack with those nice warm people.
BTW, everyone had an auger. I don’t recall seeing any ICE SAWs.
I love that you included a video of ELECTRIC CALLBOY
Consecutive days with the word ATINGLE in the puzzle = 2.
A few years ago a mockingbird set up shop in my neighbor and every morning would go through its song. Most of it was the typical series of "phrases" unique to each mockingbird. Then suddenly, as clear as a bell, it sang CHICK COREA, CHICK COREA! Then there would be repetitions of the entire song, each stanza ending again that way.
I heard that song many times that year and again the following season.
I always thought of CHICK COREA as a JAZZ musician so it was a bit of a surprise to see him as the ROCK themer.
There's also an ODESSA, Texas, one time home of two US presidents named Bush.
Still this postage stamp size comment space?!
Nice to have a little extra crunch on a holiday Monday. The few sticking points were welcome from the usual breezes these are. Loved the CHICK COREA answer.
Not sure why Rex and others see the “going up” theme answers as indicating being inverted or turned upside-down—they seem to be perfectly representative of the elevator experience to me: they read correctly from bottom to top, i.e. when going up... It’s actually even more clean because only the circled letters are the “elevator”, so they shouldn’t be read as though the down answer suddenly flips upside down when you get to ZZAJ.
I thought it was a great puzzle for a Monday, and good practice for newer solvers to grok a nice simple theme gimmick.
@Liveprof
👍
Roo
classic Monday A plus in my book
it's a beauty of a Monday puzzle great way to start the Labor Day holiday with a musical note!
Interesting Monday - I know I cannot do these puzzles downs only! TIL KIM and CHICKCOREA and also LOEWE. To me also that doesn’t sound Spanish.
Bob, as someone who used both, GPS is far superior for getting from point A to B. It helps you avoid backups, find cheap gas, decent coffee and good restaurants. I love maps and have about 50 mounted on my basement walls, physical maps are great for planning a trip to encompass cool stuff that is near or on your intended route. Or to daydream about distant places one will never travel to (hello New Caledonia). I also look askance at people opining on things they have no experience with.
Bob Mills
I am 74 For years I avoided using google maps et al. Now I occasionally do because on certain occasions I find these apps unavoidable, however much I dislike them Part of the reason is that in the Northeast the street and road systems, even the interstates , can be VERY confusing I am less and less confident depending on just maps the older I get However I fully understand where you are coming from. I find these apps very annoying at times and poorly designed in some ways. On occasion they do make mistakes (Since I first started using google, it always directs me the wrong way on a side street next to my building). If I use them I go through the whole route beforehand.
Sorry to say, Odessa was their fourth album in the USA and sixth overall, from 1969. The original red flocked sleeve was also cool. Interesting record, but they mostly were. Just before the brief split.
Jberg
IODESSA I think you are wrong about the clue. Yes ODESSA is the transliteration from Russian of the city’s name and Odesa is from Ukrainian But the clue didn’t say anything about Russian or Ukrainian. The clue is referring to the ENGLISH spelling. It has changed! The clue had nothing in do with why the spelling changed
Stan Marsh About the four music types The clue has a question mark which indicates it is not about Muzak at all. But music going up and down LIKE an elevator
Rex did note uplifting left out going down I think they just didn’t want to over complicate the clue
Loewe
I looked it up. It isn’t Spanish
Mid 19 century German immigrant ( Heinrich aka Enrique Loewe) to Spain found a group of Madrid leather artisans working together and he organized them into a formal company which became Loewe. Lo- ay-vay.
I found the puzzle easy NOT downs only. Rex is only giving his very personal off the cuff reaction to the puzzle , but it still annoys me he lets downs only affect his review. Tough puzzle downs only , not hard the way the puzzle was designed for. I think it’s unfair to the way Rex does it. Also most commenters, even the downs only ones, liked it.
Good puzzle, easy but entertaining. I didn’t use the theme at all only looked at it after the fact. BTW Nancy liked it despite the circles!
Post a Comment