Brief in pants / THU 8-20-26 / Nags about noise? / Game of observation for travel / Checks with style / Out with ate, ate, ate / Try to place connoisseurs? / Land of Spot
Thursday, August 20, 2026
Constructor: Hoang-Kim Vu
Relative difficulty: Easy
Theme answers:
- PUT IN REVERSE (4D: Shift the gears of, in a way ... or a hint to this puzzle's Across clues)
- FORWARD-THINKING (7D: Visionary ... or what you'll need to return to when solving this puzzle's Down clues)
- TURN OF PHRASE (23D: Distinctive expression ... or a hint to this puzzle's Across clues)
The ACLU National Prison Project is dedicated to ensuring that our nation’s prisons, jails, and other places of detention comply with the Constitution, domestic law, and international human rights principles, and to ending the policies that have given the United States the highest incarceration rate in the world. We promote a fair and effective criminal justice system in which incarceration is used only as a last resort, and its purpose is to prepare prisoners for release and a productive, law-abiding life at the earliest possible time. Through litigation, advocacy, and public education, we work to ensure that conditions of confinement are consistent with health, safety, and human dignity, and that prisoners retain all rights of free persons that are not inconsistent with incarceration. Achieving these goals will result in a criminal justice system that respects individual rights and increases public safety for everyone, at greatly reduced fiscal cost. (ACLU)
• • •
A few of the Across clues work, in that they were amusing all on their own, or else yielded a surprising answer. For some reason, I think 65A: Out with ate, ate, ate is my favorite of the clues—I know I said the Across clues should have plausible surface meaning, but if you're not gonna have plausible surface meaning, then yes, sure, go absolutely nuts. [Out with ate, ate, ate] makes no sense on any level ... until you reverse the words (and mentally repunctuate), and then you get a completely plausible clue for PIGGED. I think 49A: Nags about noise? may be the most perfectly executed clue of the bunch. It's got alliteration, it looks like a real clue, it's got the "?" in there. And then you get the very incongruous (-seeming) NEIGH! (a noise "about" nags). The "about" part makes the phrasing a stretch, but ... that is, historically, what the "?" is for. The sad thing is that none of these clues ever get the chance to really trick you or trip you because the entire game is given away so early. This means that "aha"s and "nice!"s are few and far between.
Bullets:
- 51A: Land of Spot (ISLET) — I'm just imagining the dog from Dick & Jane has gone off to found his own island country. "Come, Jane, tonight we sail for the Land of Spot. It will be good to see our old friend again after so many years at sea!" (from The Odyssey of Dick & Jane)
- 17A: Try to place connoisseurs? (TASTING ROOM) — I guess this is for wine connoisseurs. I had TASTING MENU at first ... but I see now that a "menu" is not a "place"
- 25D: Feature of San Francisco's Lombard Street (ESS) — famously curvy, but ESS? That's just like ... one segment of street that winds back and forth repeatedly. I wouldn't call one "ESS" segment a "feature." As you can see ... lots of "S"s. Which one is the "feature"? You don't count off the turns by "ESS"s. Not a real unit:
- 57A: For repentance some feel (RUE) — this is the Across clues at their most Yoda-esque. His voice I hear. Speaking of the Star Wars universe—it's been four days since the last Star Wars clue. I think the record for consecutive Star Wars-free days this year is something close to two weeks, so ... long way to go.
Had a great first day of school yesterday, but also somehow my neck/shoulder has gone painfully stiff (can't tilt my head to the right very far at all). Residual stress? A chalkboard injury? Who knows. Gonna try to just keep moving and hope it works itself out. That's all for today. Time next you see.
[Follow Rex Parker on BlueSky and Facebook and Letterboxd]
=============================
❤️ Support this blog ❤️:
✏️Upcoming Crossword Tournaments✏️:
=============================
📘 My other blog 📘:
- Pop Sensation (vintage paperbacks)



















80 comments:
Fun concept and neat to play. I’m assuming the so-so fill was a direct constraint from the building the REVERSE trick. Love the FORWARD THINKING spanner.
FORWARD As One
DEFRAY, CUSS AT , SPLITS HAIRS - even PLAID are top notch. Rex highlights the losers - they’re gluey and don’t help. NEIGH is cute.
Temple of the Dog
Biggest hold up was trying figure how RIPER works. Love the NUEVA clue.
Looking FORWARD To Seeing You
An enjoyable Thursday morning solve. Some yoga and an early evening cocktail will help the neck stress Rex.
Aztec Camera
Medium, then Easy once I got the theme. I agree with @Rex's assessment [paraphrased], "dreary, not tough and rarely entertaining."
* * * _ _
Overwrites:
I was thinking there might be a high school course in AP law (AP GOV, 6D).
My 43A Japanese <-> practice was haIKu before it was REIKI.
I'm a little rusty on my Greek alphabet. I had rho after CHI at 59D (PSI).
No WOEs.
Must’ve been more fun for the puzzle creator than for us solvers.
Rarely do I so wholeheartedly agree with Rex. MEH puzzle- very easy, a couple of cute clues, a bunch of Across clues that simply don't work forwards (and thus, detract from the entire conceit).
Hypercritical as ever. I thought it was a romp!
Rex won’t call this one a slog because it was easy. But I will. This proves that a puzzle can be not hard and not fun. C minus, and I don’t mean MEH. (As anyone who has taught college in the past couple decades knows, MEH is an A minus.)
Did not like this one at all. And I'm confused as well because 7D (FORWARD THINKING) appears to talk about the Down clues (Visionary ... or what you'll need to return to when solving this puzzle's Down clues). So I got that there was something funny going on with the Across clues but now (since this was the first theme answer I got) was I also looking for some funny business with the Downs? I finished but man it was a slog. Feh more than meh--I actively disliked this one more than almost any puzzle in recent memory.
Hey All !
Didn't get a single Across answer at first go through. Thought, "Uh-oh, I'm in for a helluva time!", since I solve by reading all Across clues first, then all Down clues, then go willy-nilly dearound the grid wherever I can get a toehold. Some of the clues didn't make much sense.
Figured out what in tarhooties was happening with the Across clues fairly quickly, though. The NW Downs were rather easy, setting me up too see the REVERSEness of the Across clues.
Ended up an easy to solve puz, after getting the fact you need to read the Across clues exactly backwards. DEFRAY was about the toughest answer.
Got a ROO! I know I've said before , I'm only taking credit for Rooster references, but this is a caveat! When you plainly have ROO in your grid, I'm forced to take a point. My hands are tied.
😁
Interesting idea. I liked it.
Hope y'all have a great Thursday!
Three F's
RooMonster
DarrinV
Oh no! A mouse!
Take a cute idea, a heaping helping if awkwardness, some truly borderline ugh, way too many partials, and a bit of comedy and wrap it all together, I'm putty in your hands. At first I feared it was a Yoda puzzle and wow that could lead to a total blog meltdown. Thankfully it's just backward like me.
I hope there's guitars in heaven.
Is PLAID a style? I thought it was an unavoidable pattern on every shirt ever made for old men. I have a closet full of the checkerboard menace. I suppose if you're Celtic it's sort of a style.
I bet RAVENS hate being lumped in with crows. Ravens are way cooler.
I might be one for grade inflation, but MEH is a B- while C- is UGH and D- is HAHA.
❤️ PIGGED. I DUNNO.
Gunkometer--
People: 6
Places: 5
Products: 3
Partials: 14 {never OK}
Foreignisms: 1
--
Gary's Grid Gunk Gauge: 29 of 78 (37%)
Funny Factor: 3 😐
🔥 Ooh-la-la! 🔥 CUSS AT. Firm = HARD.
Uniclues:
1 Important note, even if you play your giant lyre for a tiger, it'll still kill you.
2 Catholic school girls.
3 Keep your lip zipped over the so-so-ishness.
1 HARP SAFARI PSA
2 PLAID OWN A-TEAM
3 DEFRAY lDLE MEH (~)
My Fascinating Crossword Uniclue Keepsake from Last Year: Songs against short unrhymed poems. HAIKU-DIE TUNES.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Puzzle this, ambitious most.
It is very, very hard to come up with accurate backward clues that sound natural, that is, like real clues, and, if possible, that misdirect.
Such as today’s:
• [Free booze], that in a normal puzzle would make you try to think of other ways of saying “a complementary drink”.
• [Set off] that, with an answer of six letters, makes IGNITE sound like a sure thing. Mwah!
I, who inexplicably enjoy things like palindromes and semordnilaps, that is, backwards wordplay, got a big kick out of this puzzle. And its whole wacky vibe.
I loved your chutzpah, Hoang-Kim. I loved the sterling moment when I figured out what was going on. More out-of-the-box please, up the road, and thank you for a delectable romp today!
P.S. -- What I’d like to see next is a grid whose across answers are all semordnilaps, such as today’s SNIP, but have the backward clue be the clue for the in-grid answer backwards, that is, SNIP with a backwards clue for PINS, say, [Partner needles]. There’s a theme that might take quite a while to crack!
The solving experience today was akin to having a nail pounded into your forehead with a foam rubber mallet. Kudos for the construction, I guess, but it wasn't anywhere near clever enough to compensate for the painful slog. One star max.
Your 1st uniclue definitely goes in the 2026 highlight reel!!!!!! fabulous
Like Rex I figured out the gimmick after the first three downs, but I found it more fun than he did to get the rest. Liked finding the slang contractions of IDUNNO and CUSSAT. Agree there is a lot of gunk but kinda felt it was in a good cause. Also agree with all the comments on C-minus—especially with today’s grade inflation it comes in well to the south of MEH. And of course another ROO sighting—right up there with StarWars.
Like, Lewis, I love puns and goofy wordplay, so this was fun for me, and not too hard. Free Booze worked. I agree with @REX that Out with ate, ate, ate was the best of the bunch.... took me a while to figure that one out, since you needed to add parentheses to make it work.... ate, ate, ate (with out) for PIGGED. I got the gimmick at PSA (Ad Free becomes Free Ad--that one worked well too! ). I agree that a few of them didn't really fly, but I thought that overall way more of them worked than didn't. Thanks, @REX, for not counting the funny cadence as StarWars!!!! Definitely not "Meh" in my book, Hoang-Kim! Thanks : )
Finished it without cheating, somehow. Got PUTINREVERSE early, but without reading its clue carefully enough (I thought the across ANSWERS should read backwards). Just kept guessing, and the music sounded.
I liked the puzzle, which seems to PUT-me-INREVERSE here.
I agree.🎈🎈🎊🎊
For anyone using the iPhone app, are you able to “x” out of the complete screen? Mine freezes. I have to swipe it up and restart and can never review a completed puzzle.
I don't solve downs-only, but this puzzle seems ideal for that. Since the across answers would get filled in without their clues being known, you would avoid having to figure out the trick. But then, you would miss all the fun.
Some of the across clues, like "Ad-free," might appear in a regular puzzle, so I got that one right off; but I didn't know they would all be like that--and for a while there I thought it was just switching the first and last words, rather than reading the whole thing backwards.
There have to be a lot of easy answers, or you would never get started; and the revealers have to be downs, so that they don't have to be backwards. So there has to be a lot of crosswordese, so that it's easy once you get the idea.
PSA and PSI and SPY, ROO and RUE, all nice touches.
The hardest part for me, actually, was reading the clues backwards on my screen.
"Up the Hill Backwards" is a perfect song for this one. Off to listen to Bowie and Jane's Addiction to cleanse the ol' palate. Thanks!
I can just imagine the conversation. An upstart constructor walks into Will’s office and says “Mr. Shortz, I’ve got a great idea for a crossword. We’ll make a puzzle but write all of the across clues backwards.” Will obviously does not look impressed. Then the upstart constructor chimes in with “No wait, trust me on this, we’”ll put a reveal in the downs telling them what they have to do and run it on a Thursday !” “Brilliant”, says Mr. Shortz, “Let’s run with it”.
And so that’s how I ended up solving a really pedestrian puzzle by reading clues backwards. The constructor must be sitting at home laughing his ass off at what these foolish, gullible humans will do when they are told to.
¡Oh, no! ¡Un ratón!
while i appreciate the theme. i did not enjoy this puzzle at all.
I found this very easy but also -- unlike Rex -- very fun and clever. Before I realized that across clues were to be read backwards, I just thought that clues like "Brief in pants" were just wacky phrasings, and that was fun too. But when I got the backwards thing it becam super easy. I've seen lots of puzzles where the answers were written backwards or bottom to top, but this was just cute and enjoyable (and easy) for me.
It wasn't simply a case of reading the clues backwards, you had to figure out an entirely new punctuation for many clues; which I didn't do because it was easier to just all the downs, then pick out a couple of key words in the across clues to finish up. I only read the across clues backwards after solving, and realized it would have taken much longer that way, sussing out the repunctuation.
A fun puzzle even after I figured out the reverse theme
Definitely had moments where I forgot I was on a down clue and tried to parse it backwards
Sizes jeans men's in indicates number second the what?
A Saturday's worth of my least favorite form of solving. I've been skipping most Sundays of late so I got my crosswordese fix (not needed.)
SLOG with no payoff 😕
RP: Your pain sounds like a stiff neck which is often a result of sleeping on it wrong. Aspercreme should help and is odorless. Feel better soon.
I was surprised to see only 2 1/2 stars because I’d give it a solid 5. While recovering from surgery, I’ve just been reading the blog the past few weeks but wanted to chime in today and sing the praises of this fun and clever puzzle.
The theme, of course, would be a real frustration if the trick doesn’t jump out at you right away. Thankfully, it didn’t take me long once I applied Nancy‘s Law … which is to say if the answers aren’t making any sense, look for a trick in the clues. The hints of REVERSE gears and TURN THE PHRASE sufficiently communicated the theme while also being quite clever. They did so well enough, in fact, that I had to remind myself not to also read the downs in reverse. Then at the finish, I looked back at 7D and got a nice aha smile from its message.
I would imagine coming up with the clues was the hardest part of this construction, and I thought they were very nicely done. Rating and difficulty level aside, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and that’s really what I’m here for. Thanks Hoang-Kim Vu. This was interesting, appealing, and A TON of fun, with a theme I won’t soon forget.
Love the imagery of “total blog meltdown!”
ROO showed up so fast due to your generosity. Karma.
Drop-down arrow in upper left — click it
I would have gone with Ay ay ay, un raton! Forgive the missing initial exclamation point and lack of an accent of the o, por favor.
What I usually like best about a stunt puzzle is getting to say "stunt puzzle", and that applies to this one. Like OFL and GJ I thought we were in for a Yoda fest but the easy downs led to PUTINREVERSE, the jig was up, and I don't have much trouble reading things backwards which made those clues very easy.
Only snags were NSFW before NDAS and not knowing CRIS. I was hoping for old friend ARARAT, who I haven't seen in a long time, but had to settle for SINAI. Oh well.
Probably very interesting to construct this one HKV. If I Hadn't Known Very early what was going on it would have been more challenging and more fun, but there was at least some of that, for which thanks.
I agree with everything Rex said today. Once you catch on to the trick, the puzzle is very easy, and I caught on early, also because of TROU. It was still kinda fun, reading the Across clues backward, though I think the puzzle probably could have been solved Downs-only.
Cute theme, but if you’re going to include an obscure “famous” person, it should at least be a nominal name that can be gotten through the crosses. I’ve never heard of CRIS before, and they’re not even a player! Why is there a clue about someone whose job is to TALK about football!?! Maybe for Friday there can be a clue about who runs the concession stand at the stadium. They would be equally relevant.
I had a really good time solving this puzzle, so thanks for a Thursday romp with a trick I hadn’t seen before. PIGGED was my favorite clue/answer with NEIGH a close second. I didn’t want to CUSS at this happy little puzzle even once.
Help: why is Spot capitalized in Land of Spot at 51A?
I forgot to mention how clever it was that the across clues sort of made sense the way they were written; so that even though I was a little perplexed, I would think okay, I guess that works, and move on. For example, HARP is clearly a sound associated with heaven. Pretty easy to say “ad free” was PSA. “To cop” suggests to OWN, and BRAVO actually does mean “done well.” I think my favorites were TROU and PLAID.
While I was relieved that It wasn't a Rebus Thursday, this was an absolute chore for me.
Rex's 2 1/2 stars was generous :(
Medium only because rearranging/parsing the across clues ate up nanoseconds, otherwise easy.
No WOEs and NUEVo before NUEVA was it for costly erasures.
Cute idea with some fun long down theme answers. Liked it a bit more than @Rex did.
Not worth the money I paid for it.
And in your scenario, Mr. Shortz says “Let’s run with it”.
Sounds pretty on-target of most of the puzzles by new constructors lately. Sorry :(
Butterfly-catching instruction: USENET
I learned that my tire pressure was okay, so I emitted a PSI of relief.
My German friend saw ESS MIT EATSUP in the puzzle, so he PIGGED out.
Were you able to find a tenant? Yes, the apartment ISLET.
******
Back when I was grading, I thought a C+ was the closest to MEH. B-minus sort of had delusions of okayness. When I first started teaching, back in the '80s, the school's grading system was A, B, C, D, F. No plusses or minuses. The Senate took up the issue of plus/minus grading and it was a passionate debate. One side seemed to feel the whole concept of grading was abhorrent -- we should just be concerned with imparting knowledge, and grading was so often arbitrary anyway. It was ridiculous, they said, to think you could distinguish so finely between, e.g., a B and a B+. Stuff like that. I remember one prof getting up and saying "I am one of those who think there is a significant difference between a B+ and a B-minus. I can perceive it and I'd like to be able to make that distinction in my grading." I agreed with him. We finally voted for the following system: A+, A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, D, F.
I enjoyed the novelty more than Rex—but what I was surprised to find continuously challenging was remembering NOT to reverse the downs clues. I would get in a rhythm of reversing clues, and failed to notice when I needed to switch back.
I have to agree with Rex. This was “dreary—not tough, but also not entertaining at all, or rarely so”.
When I got the backwards thing at PSA, I thought, “Please don’t let this be some big dumb trick like having all the clues this way.”
I’m not a big fan of the star rating system (I’m happier with a good written analysis) but if I were to rate this puzzle I might give it 1 and a quarter stars.
It says, I think pretty clearly, that you'll need to return to "forward thinking" in the down clues. In other words, that the down clues are normal.
Cris Collinsworth was an outstanding NFL player before retiring to become a broadcaster. The clue probably should have included that.
Stinker
Same here. And I thought they 7D clue/answer FORWARD THINKING was quite apropos.
Cute . . . But no cigar. Got the trick very quickly because the first down answers were so easy, I could fill in 4-down and the rest of the puzzle fell into place. Liked the ‘neigh’ clue.
I didn't smell a rat with the Across clues until "Correct thoroughly" for SPOT ON - okay, the clues needed to be read in REVERSE. Which is what I then began to do, and the puzzle went by quickly. But I felt bad for the constructor, who'd had to make sure that the clues made sense two ways, and by only reading them backward I missed the truly creative part. It wasn't until after I'd finished the puzzle, that I realized that SAFARI wasn't the name of a game a family might play on a car trip, but a trip you'd take to see game. That one was genius, I thought. But how many other gems did I miss?
I was looking for a gimmick in the downs. Even after seeing FORWARDTHINKING. I only do acrosses before downs in my first run through.
The clue for SAFARI at 5A is brilliant. It makes sense forward and backward. There are some others. Excellent puzzle.
I missed seeding your comments and wondered if you were ok. Hope your recovery goes well.
Tried INSEAM before LENGTH
The Rex pic of the gear shift made me think of an old axiom (never more apt than these days): To move "forward" vote/shift D. To move backwards, shift/vote R. Welcome to America in "reverrse"!
@Anonymous: Thank you so much! That’s nice to hear, and recovery (rotator cuff) is going very well.
Requiring the backwards read for all the across clues made the puzzle simultaneously easier and less fun. Less fun because most of the clues weren’t entertaining and didn’t sound like clues at all. Easier because you didn’t have to determine where the trick was used. Found this easy, but not enjoyable.
Dreck puzzle. Meh.
Great puzzle! Best of the year! IMHO
I knew I had seen this type of puzzle before. Turns out it was popularized by the current Russian dictator and is known as the PUTINREVERSE.
I wanted the answers to be in reverse, too.
It took me way too long to get the trick. After I did, some of the across clues were fun. Some, I still don't quite get, for example 65 across "Out with ate, ate, ate" reverses to "Ate, ate, ate with out"... shouldn't it be "Ate, ate, ate out with"? (eg "With out ate, ate, ate" reversed). I'm confused!
Ah USENET, those were the days! The internet was a pretty good place back then.
@Roo and pablo, ROO crosses ROO!
As did I - thought it was great fun!
I suppose it’s similar to armchair quarterbacking, in that those of us who do not partake, have the most fun
Hi RexWorld! Popping in to share a very odd coincidence regarding today’s puzzle.
As I often do when a puzzle has left me wanting more, I go to the archives. (Apologies to our constructor - I thought your puzzle was fun, just over too soon.) Today I visited Thursday, August 29, 2013, constructed by Timothy Polin. I don’t want to reveal too much about it, but it was definitely odd that I should randomly encounter that particular puzzle today.
If you’re looking for a challenge I highly recommend it - even @Rex rated it Challenging. One caveat: the puzzle was divisive, inspiring 159 comments - most expressing either love or hate (sometimes both). Many thought it was brilliant (like @jae) even if some of those, to quote one Unknown, “felt battered and bruised.” Others, well, I’ll just say this was one tricksy Thursday that didn’t appeal to everyone. @Nancy liked it, though! Happy solving!
The HORNS/ESS cross today made me think of a classic conductor joke. What’s the difference between a bull and an orchestra? On a bull the HORNS are at the front and the aSS is at the back.
This was a lot of fun for me - enjoyed all the Yoda-speak and only a few names all gettable. Whimsical.
About neck pain - face forward and gently tilt your head to the left shoulder while extending your right arm straight down (still facing forward). Then the other side. I find this feels wonderful - I learned it from a hand therapist
So that's all you did, ate, ate, ate? Yeah, I PIGGED out.
I thought of Nancy’s Law as well while solving—in my case before I had any across answers and I was trying to figure out why I was only managing to come up with downs.
I liked PUT IN REVERSE and TURN OF PHRASE for Across clues but FORWARD THINKING for Down clues not so much. I don't equate "forward" with "down" (or "up").
Once the "read the Across clues backwards" ruse became apparent and the three long theme related Downs filled in, there wasn't much reason for me to continue so I quit.
It's another punctuation thing. The "correct " clue would be "Ate, ate, ate," with "out." That is, PIGGED out. "We pigged out on BBQ last night."
I wouldn't go that far ...
😁
Roo
Kudos for the constructor (and Will S.) for coming up with the concept and the Across clues, but the solve was totally unfulfilling. As often is the case on Thursdays, this puzzle had a gimmick instead of a theme, and once you figured out today's gimmick, the solve was no harder than a Monday.
Could not understand how Visionary (noun) clued FORWARD THINKING (gerund verb?). Somehow something in your explanation @Adam made it click; "The Down clues require you to be...Visionary/Forward Thinking". Maybe? Still seems a tad off.
In general, didn't like it. Bizarre, but not in a wacky, fun way. And junk of A TON it had; oops, that was a Down. Twenty-three 3-letter answers, including two stacks of four threes; oof. Or MEH.
But our absolute biggest confusion was not getting the puniness that Rex thought was its redeeming quality. I see different ways to parse the three "revealers" but I don't see them as puns. Maybe I'm SPLITting HAIRS, but this one left us shaking our heads.
Solving experience was similar to @Rex's but I liked it a bit more. I would not describe it as "dreary", just not terribly exciting. I like this kind of word play and I think there was some real potential here to do some brilliant stuff. It just didn't quite get there for me. With that, I admit that I have no idea what the brilliant stuff could have been as I'm no constructor, I just felt it fell a little short.
It took me longer than it should have to figure out what was going on, I think it clicked at 39A -Bath sponge. I then went back to 1A and was able to pretty much whoosh through all of the other acrosses that initially made no sense.
Like @Rex, I think it would have been nice if all of those across clues actually *made* sense in their backward incantation the way 1A and a couple of others did. But that kind of elegance must be extremely tricky to pull off, so not complaining, I'm just saying it would have been nice.
I agree that all the themers are excellent and I always enjoy a spanner. And this one, while easy to grock, was very good.
I have to say, as I'm writing this and looking at the puzzle, I'm liking it more and more. I like it when my opinions change a bit about a solve upon reflection. For today, that is my happy moment and I'll take it.
Thank you Hoang-Kim, this was a bold idea for a theme and I now think you pulled it off very, very well.
I had fun with this puzzle and it's not so tricky theme. I still felt like I got a mental workout re-interpreting the across clues. (The clue for 17A seems awkward backward or forward, in my opinion.)
Just a couple of write-overs, when my 42D "mOI?" had to turn into DO I? and 65A was bInGED before I saw PIGGED out.
Thanks, Hoang-Kim Vu!
https://www.instagram.com/rozchast/?hl=en
A Crossword Odyssey by Roz Chast
@Anoa Bob, (and Anon 3:41 pm), ohhhh... the "out" is to be added to the answer. But the clue should have read:
"Out", with ate, ate, ate,
This was @A
Post a Comment