HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THIS BLOG

Wednesday, October 25, 2006


Citizens of CrossWorld: today was the one-month puzzle-versary of "Rex Parker Does the NYT Crossword Puzzle"! If Rex may be sincere for a moment: he is ... I am super-grateful for the positive (and negative) feedback, and for the small but loyal (and growing) community of solvers (and people related to me by blood or marriage) who read what I write on a regular basis. I will continue to write about the puzzle every day for the foreseeable future. Please let me know what I'm doing right and wrong, by way of a comment or a private email. I love the NYT puzzle and I love writing about it and I'm thrilled that anyone besides my wife reads me at all. That's all. Thanks.

REX PARKER

PS about my typos -- TELL ME when you see them (privately, please). I hate typos, but I write under considerable time pressure sometimes, and they slip through. By the end of the day I usually catch them all, but I need extra eyes. So take pity on me and help me clean up the slop.

9 comments:

Orange 10:17 AM  

Dude. I trademarked that term—I alone can wield the Benevolent Dictator® title in the crossword-blogging arena. Cease and desist, or fear the reaper.

Orange 10:17 AM  

P.S. Props for "Breakin' the law! Breakin' the law!" in a previous post.

Anonymous 12:12 PM  

Congratulations! The wait staff will be on their way shorty with a complimentary dessert and a non-trademarked generic anniversary song!

Also, don't mess with her, she's wielding citrus. Hope that she doesn't aim for the eyes.

Anonymous 12:13 PM  

That would be *shortly*, not shorty. I have no qualms about anyone's height.

Anonymous 12:36 PM  

Benevolent Dictatorship is a fundamental principle of my teaching philosophy. It has been for some time. How come we never talked about this? We should talk more. Love you, love your work.
P.

Rex Parker 12:43 PM  

Rex fears nothing! Reaper shmeaper!

I am withdrawing the visual out of deference to the greatness (and massive fan base) of the Orange One, but let it never be said or suggested that Rex plagiarizes. Rex has the imperious Name, and the imperious Persona, and Oranges, while delicious, are more facilitators than dictators.

And if you want to trademark something, try "TM."

And yes, Judas Priest / Beavis and Butt-Head are important influences.

Rex Parker 12:45 PM  

Re: my wife's comments:

See, Rex steals only from those he loves. Bask in the warmth of his plagiarism!

Orange 6:34 PM  

You deign to take issue with my use of the symbol for a registered trademark? You know I have loyal subjects who can carry out any "off with his head" commands...

I went to church for lunch today—a short stack of classic buttermilk pancakes, plus an egg scrambled with cheese.

Rex Parker 7:26 PM  

You can see that Rex is already just a floating head, so bring on your minions. I've nothing to fear!

And I am jealous of your piety. I've GOT to get back to Church, and soon.

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP