Terminal Bliss actress Chandler / WED 8-3-11 / Tevye's good / Tackle-to-mast rope on ships / Teleflora competitor / Toledo tidbit
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Constructor: Paul Guttormsson
Relative difficulty: Easy-Medium
THEME: Ts — every answer contains at least one "T" and every clue starts with "T"
Word of the Day: OTTO Harbach (13D: "The Touch of Your Hand" lyricist Harbach) —
Otto Abels Harbach, born Otto Abels Hauerbach (August 18, 1873 – January 24, 1963) was an American lyricist and librettist of about 50 musical comedies. Some of his more famous lyrics are for "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes", "Indian Love Call" and "Cuddle up a Little Closer, Lovey Mine". (wikipedia)
- all of them, I guess
- 6A: TV/radio host John (TESH) — former "Entertainment Tonight" co-host.
- 23A: Tackle-to-mast rope on a ship (TYE) — more less-than-winning fill.
- 53A: Teleflora competitor (FTD) — Teleflora sounds more like a Telemundo competitor.
- 68A: Two-color horse (PINTO) — also, exploding car of old.
- 6D: Toledo tidbit (TAPA) — always hurts to see this answer in the singular, however valid.
- 12D: Two-time All-Star Martinez (TINO) — briefly forgot his name and went with TITO. Why not? It's got another "T" in it, after all, so it must be good.
- 26D: Title for Sulu on "Star Trek": Abbr. (LIEUT.) — forgot this, if I ever knew it.
- 35D: "The Closer" airer (TNT) — never seen an episode. Couldn't tell you the premise. Only know of its existence from watching ... what? "Conan?" NBA Playoffs?