My Waiter

Monday, November 19, 2007

I so hope that the waiter I had at Pizzeria Uno's earlier this afternoon becomes famous for something, so that I can see his fantastically preposterous name in a puzzle some day. Are you familiar with the waitorial practice of writing one's name on a napkin and placing it on the table so that the diners know who they're dealing with? Well, my waiter did just that. He said "Hi, I'm B.J. and I'll be taking care of you today." At least that's what I thought he said. Then I looked down at the napkin he'd just placed on the table:

RP

9 comments:

Orange 5:00 PM  

What is that? A hybrid between a spelling bee and jai alai?

Anonymous 6:34 PM  

In my experience, many folks from India have similar names. I personally know a Vijay, and have heard spelled out initials not infrequently.

Rex Parker 7:32 PM  

Yes, well, this guy was Not Indian.

rp

Anonymous 7:50 PM  

last posting here

Anonymous 8:35 PM  

Rick, may I say that since you last linked to this video my husband and I have enjoyed many a busted gut. Sir, I am in your debt.

Anonymous 1:00 AM  

I love this blog.

Anonymous 12:47 PM  

A quick trip to the wikipedia reveals ≠20 other references for BJ, I was amazed!

Anonymous 12:47 PM  

oh, yeah ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BJ

Anonymous 6:11 PM  

His full name seems to be "lowercase beejai," so his signature is odd.

http://www.myspace.com/bee_jai

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP