Onetime lover of Riker on Star Trek TNG / THU 7-2-15 / Father of Erebus Nyx in Greek myth / Soba alternative / James Merritt pioneering lithographer / Protein constituent informally / Depression common during childhood
Thursday, July 2, 2015
Constructor: Timothy Polin
Relative difficulty: Medium-Challenging (only because of one corner; otherwise Easy-Medium)
THEME: INVISIBLE INK (67A: What six of this puzzle's clues have been written with?) — theme clues are single letters, to which you must add "-INK" to get the full clue; ERGO:
- ECCENTRICITY (18A: K) [i.e. Kink]
- FOUNDER (12D: S) [i.e. Sink]
- SPLIT SECOND (30A: W) [i.e. Wink]
- MEDIUM RARE (38A: P) [i.e. Pink]
- STOOL PIGEON (53A: F) [i.e. Fink]
- CONNECT (45D: L) [i.e. Link]
nounplural noun: etyma
- a word or morpheme from which a later word is derived. (google)
• • •
Did anyone else have GO UNDER for [S[ink]] at first?
Did anyone expect something much, much more interesting than ECCENTRICITY for [K[ink]]?
No? OK. That's fine.
Signed, Rex Parker, King of CrossWorld
[Follow Rex Parker on Facebook and Twitter]